Weekend Programs from 08-08-2016 at 07.54 A.M. CETWe changed the way we do our weekend program this school year. Here a brief overview for your prayers:
- The first year students will work in the little church here in Fatima.
- On Saturday afternoons the will go with the 3rd year students and the people form the church and do house bibles studies and children clubs.
- On Sundays they will help in the church activities. For the first weeks they will observe and participate. Then they will be given little tasks like: Scripture reading, music, song presentations. They will also help in the Sunday school.
- We are going to start a new teens club on Sunday afternoon in the church. The church has a few people in that age group and we like to invite their friends and others in the village. Please pray for Dodong and Robert who will be in charge of this. The first year students will be part of this. I, Andreas, will help out as needed and support and encourage the elders in this. (We may take turns so that it won't be to heavy on each one.)
- The 2. year students will continue their Sunday cross-cultural exposure into Muslim communities. There will be more formal preparations. They have to write down what they are going to do and then afterwards they have to write a reflection paper. Thiss will be new for all of us and we need God's guidance an help. Our desire is that the long term learning effect would be stronger.
- The same will happen for their ministry on Saturdays and in the church. It is our desire that they not just do things but also plan and reflect on what was good, what needs to change and what God wants them to learn.
Another thing that became very important to me is that we would spend more time in prayer. We emphasize prayer always but putting it into practice is difficult.
I just read in a book about a research among church planters. Those the planted the most church in the shortest time had one thing in come. The prayed everyday at least 3 hours. Some of them had been working, so they got up a 4 for prayer and had been in the office by 10. This is something I would like to happen in our lives here on campus. Not sure how...... But by God's grace it would be possible.